In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert's there are few” - Shunryu Suzuki
I love a good book. And I’ve read many books on mindfulness as you can imagine. I remember when I was writing Mindfulness for Dummies, I spent several hundred pounds buying every book even vaguely connected to the topic!
Here’s my top 10 books on mindfulness that I’d recommend for beginners, in no particular order. These make ideal reads to enjoy before drifting to sleep or whilst on holiday, and make great gifts too!
I’ve ensured to chose book written by leading teachers or monastics, like Matthieu Ricard, Thich Nhat Hanh, Jon Kabat-Zinn, Mark Williams and Eckhart Tolle. You’re in safe hands.
1. Wherever You Go, There You Are: Mindfulness meditation for everyday life by Jon Kabat-Zinn
2. Mindfulness: A practical guide to finding peace in a frantic world by Mark Williams and Danny Penman
3. The Little Book of Mindfulness by Patrizia Collard
4. A Mindfulness Guide for the Frazzled by Ruby Wax
5. Mindfulness for Dummies by Shamash Alidina
Full disclosure - I wrote this one!
6. Kindfulness by Ajahn Brahm
7. The Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle
8. Mindfulness in Plain English by Bhante Henepola Gunaratana
9. The Miracle Of Mindfulness by Thich Nhat Hanh
10. The Art of Meditation by Matthieu Ricard
I hope you discover at least one new book among my list. And don’t forget - the gift of mindfulness is always a good gift for a loved one!
If you’d like to learn more about my approach of combining mindfulness with kindness, consider my free 7 day course. Or my full 8 week program which is currently on sale - includes 60 mini daily videos and over 15 guided kindfulness audio meditations to try.
20 guided Kindful Meditations,
50 High- Definition Videos
200 students have completed the program
5 stars is the average rating!