I recently went through some of my favourite TED and TEDx talks, and noticed quite a few of them were on the topic of happiness.
I was a little surprised as I love learning about a variety of different topics. However, it seems that happiness is what matters to me most.
Both spiritual traditions and science now agree - happiness is a skill we can develop through conscious choice.
As the Dalai Lama once said:
“Happiness is not something ready made. It comes from your own actions.”
― Dalai Lama XIV
So, you can start your actions by watching one of these videos, and putting the advice into action:
1. How to make stress your friend | Kelly McGonigal
2. What makes a good life? Lessons from the longest study on happiness | Robert Waldinger
3. Breathing happiness | Emma Seppälä | TEDxSacramento
4. TEDxBloomington - Shawn Achor - "The Happiness Advantage: Linking Positive Brains to Performance"
5. Want to be happy? Be grateful | David Steindl-Rast
What’s your favourite TED or TEDx talk? Let me know in the comments below please. Thank you!
We’re taking bookings for our next Teach Mindfulness program. Download the FREE checklist to find out if teaching mindfulness is for you!