Shamash has been practising mindfulness since 1998 and runs his own successful training organisation.
Shamash has had the honour and privilege of training with the fathers of ‘Mindfulness-based Stress Reduction’, Jon Kabat-Zinn PhD and Saki Santorelli PhD through the Center for Mindfulness in Massachusetts, United States. He has also trained extensively with the Centre of Mindfulness at Bangor University in Wales. Hi qualifications include:
- MEng Masters in Chemical Engineering from Imperial College, London
- MA Masters in Education from Open University, UK
- PGCE in Science Education from Institute of Education, London
- PGCE in Teaching Mindfulness-based Approaches at Bangor University, Wales
- Certificate in Life Coaching from Newcastle College, UK
- Certificate as Laughter Yoga Teacher from Laughter Yoga University
- Certificate in Swimming One Full Width from my Primary School - his proudest achievement!
He loves coaching people to live in the present moment in a calm and focused way, leading to greater health and wellbeing. And, with his strong background in science, Shamash loves the way that mindfulness has been proven to work scientifically many times.
Want to find out more? Read his story here.