Shamash has been practising mindfulness since 1998 and runs his own successful training organisation.
Shamash has also co-founded the world's first Museum of Happiness in London. The museum is open to the public, and housed inside the UK's largest homeless hostel, Arlington House.
More recently, Shamash co-founded the Zen of Business - a movement to empower anyone in business to work with greater wisdom and compassion, to try and leave people and planet in a better state than we found it.
He has had the honour and privilege of training with the father of ‘Mindfulness-based Stress Reduction’, Jon Kabat-Zinn PhD through the Center for Mindfulness in Massachusetts, United States. He has also trained extensively with the Centre of Mindfulness at Bangor University in Wales. And he's attended many retreats with his favourite teacher, Ajahn Brahm.
Shamash's qualifications include:
- MEng Masters in Chemical Engineering from Imperial College, London
- MA Masters in Education from Open University, UK
- PGCE in Science Education from Institute of Education, London
- PGCE in Teaching Mindfulness-based Approaches at Bangor University, Wales
- Certificate in Life Coaching from Newcastle College, UK
- Certificate as Laughter Yoga Teacher from Laughter Yoga University
- Certificate in Swimming One Full Width from my Primary School :-)
He loves coaching people to live in the present moment in a calm and focused way, leading to greater health and wellbeing. And, with his strong background in science, Shamash loves the way that mindfulness has been proven to work scientifically many times. He is particularly keen to see mindfulness combined with kindness, and has developed a free 7-day Kindfulness program to spread that message.
Want to find out more? Read his story here.